• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Setlist - Madison, WI - 11/19/2011

#88619 2 years, 5 months ago

Yay!!! I'm back where I belong! At the Furthur show! Man what a great show tonight!! I got to meet Ecojaded and RockinRob before the show. And the excitement was just building so much!

Show opener with Golden Road got me jumping, moving and grooving! miracle>Wang bang> miracle was awesome! And loved Althea! Never got one and I did tonight! Money for gasoline was crazy! I felt I was at a carnival riding one of those rides that goes really fast in a circle. It was crazy! I loved that the first set was extended. I love Furthur changing it up! They are on fire this tour compared to West Coast. Love the Roses they had these roses lights that were so beautiful! And ending with OMSN was the best! It was really upbeat tonight and got the crowd fired up! I think we were mostly excited to know it wasn't the encore.

Second set was real nice moved seats and had the perfect spot. The china>rider was amazing and the jack straw was amazing as always. I really thought the peak was unbroken chain. That's when it got real heavy. Then the Viola! OMG there jamming between the verus was so crazy. The second part was so chaotic and I just couldn't even think clearly. Amazing! Death don't have no mercy was awesome! When Jeff played the organ during it he made it speak! He was telling us Death sure didn't have no mercy! And loved the ending with Bertha Good Lovin is my favorite! Those two in that order just remind me of pigpen! Love u pigpen!!! Omg speaking of a pigpen I seen a guy on Shakedown that looked just like Pigpen. Dark long hair, stache, cowboy hat, jean jacket. I had to stare and connect with him for a lil while! It was awesome!

And Black Muddy River was amazing! So freaking beautiful! Bobby did a really nice job of it! Well gotta get some rest to head back home to St. Louis tomorrow! Yea!!!!

Also I hope you all enjoyed the steam and I'll see if I can get something going again while in Indy.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, PMoondancer , kfender, SunshineSue, Bakes, Ken , Spacewaffle
Connor
Junior Boarder

#88620 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
do we have any confirmation on who sang black muddy?

I was there. It was Bobby. Sorry to disappoint.

EDIT: When I said disappoint I didn't mean at all that he did a bad job. He did an incredible job! I was just responding to the fact that others hoped it was John singing it.
Sure don't know, what I'm goin' for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Connor.
Ken
Junior Boarder
Ain't it just like the night...

#88628 2 years, 5 months ago
FF67 Thanks so much for the stream, glad you had a blast. Are you trying to stream again tomorrow (not to be ungrateful )? It sounded pretty good and was much appreciated, I'm sure I don't speak for myself.
Ken
Junior Boarder
Ain't it just like the night...

#88629 2 years, 5 months ago
Also, don't get me started on Althea.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#88634 2 years, 5 months ago
Connor wrote:
wlewis wrote:
do we have any confirmation on who sang black muddy?

I was there. It was Bobby. Sorry to disappoint.

BOBBY DID A F'N PHENOMENAL JOB!! He sang this song 22 times with RatDog - and he was RIGHT ON. Dead solid perfect. Only fitting that he would be the one to sing this. (Black Peter on the other hand should be past to JK, and SOTM also (never will happen)....
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#88635 2 years, 5 months ago
Actually, I just counted and the number is 53 (not 75). I guess since I have listened to shows like 35 times in their entirety it seems like i was there, when I wasnt. (LOL)

I do NYE every other year - so this year I WONT be there.

deadheadNJ was reading my vibe wrong. Its all good. He thought I was being negative when I blogged about the venu being less than 1/2 full and my concern that the band couldn't continue this pace. (ECONOMICALLY it cant make much sense this tour...) They closed the top sections of 3 of the venues I have been at in the last 4 shows. I know FOX will be packed - but you get my drift... Just when I blog about my concern - they drop a Black Muddy River on us. SCARY! This is my favorite carnation of this music EVER and I want to see them play for another 5 years! (Saw 100 plus Grateful Dead shows till 1995 - then NOTHING till 2006)
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#88640 2 years, 5 months ago
All you all are saying the SAME THING Donna and I have been saying for two years; this band is freaking HOT HOT HOT, and I never had such a good time since the early days way back in 81, 82, and 83.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Cooper, Spacewaffle
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#88656 2 years, 5 months ago
Zipster wrote:
All you all are saying the SAME THING Donna and I have been saying for two years; this band is freaking HOT HOT HOT, and I never had such a good time since the early days way back in 81, 82, and 83.

Zipster - are you CALLING "SAME THING" now in the city of Blues - ST. LOUIS????
bender
Junior Boarder

#88661 2 years, 5 months ago
Chicago appeared to be a full house. I'm sure not 100% sold out but there weren't many open seasts even in the upper decks. I thought Allstate might be too big, but they filled it.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#88667 2 years, 5 months ago
Zipster wrote:

zip, i've been saying it since the beginning, glad there are others. granted, i wasn't there to compare the two, but i just know furthur is a great lineup. 10 years of many different incarnations, this one was it for me from the get go. spent the last 2 years catching 89 shows, doing many tours in full. ran into a boatload of skepticism and naysayers but that's before they got their feet wet. can't tell you how many of those folks are "on the bus" now. for some, a second or third time. you can tell by the venues, cities, and sizes of the crowds (both ticketed and non) how much more popular this band is getting. i'll probably never see them anywhere that holds less than 2K again but that's alright. if they want to keep moving forward with the music i'll continue seeing them when i can

edit: COOPER-----that's unfortunate. this will be my first NYE show, EVER. 10 years over 250 shows combined, never done a NYE.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by wlewis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Jasper
gdedroze
Junior Boarder

#88670 2 years, 5 months ago
thanks for the list
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#88692 2 years, 5 months ago
Last Night's Rider

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester