• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur at Red Rocks, September 22,

#194807 2 years, 1 month ago
Regardless of how played or sounded- this set list is OFF the hook!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mortimer
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#194808 2 years, 1 month ago
Cooper wrote:
I have seen this band going on 100 times, and although I will not in anyway disagree with what anyone is saying - (especially since you freaks (including myself as the biggest freak) are all blogging while streaming this band live - instead of doing something else) (take a breath- run on sentence man)...everyone who knows anything about this band, the past or present all have to agree that there is just something( sometimes minimal ) that makes every show memorable, special, or one-of-a-kind in some way, shape, or form. As we know, someone tonight is making this show their best show ever!

I saw Grateful Dead 85 times between 87-95 and JGB 15 times. Even the shows I would have preferred Jerry calling in sick, I still look back on memories and find something about the show that is cool! Opinions and commentaries are valid - because they are opinions. Everyone had one.

Good point Coop
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff, jonnyvongolden
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#194809 2 years, 1 month ago
Equinox wrote:
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
They sound tired to me. A half beat slow... .. like they need a visit from pablo escobar. Instead of free flowing it sounds like they are struggling to get through this Fire....... maybe they all stayed up lway late last night... LOL..shit happens

It's like that with a lot of bands. I've seen dozens of Rolling Stones shows and on one night nothing seems to hang together while on the next, it's single raging beast with 10 arms.

okay a couple quick things ths Dew is soundin good.. I am a huge stones fan too... I think it a secret conspiracy between bands to suck some nights kill others so everybody follows em around to make sure they don't miss the killer show

Zipster I hear ya bro .. I was 10 ft away when when Tyler with faux Aerosmith in 83 passed out on stage right in front of me.. this was H not drunk... after a 45 minute drum solo ... they musta given steve just a lil pin prick... he came back said "Lets go I'm ready to rock!" & they proceeded to play their first 2 albums in near entirety and Tyler was a friggin whirling dervish the rest of the night.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#194810 2 years, 1 month ago
Zipster wrote:
Equinox wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
He said "crux of the biscuit"... nice work...

It's the apostrophe, as a great man once said.

Hey man I know a brother who makes Stealie shirts with your fave sports team logo, superimposed just like your icon, maybe I could hook you up if your interested.

Thanks but I already have one. Bought it two years ago at the Mann. It's not quite the same as my avatar but the old P from the 70s. More appropriate for me, actually, as I'm a very old school Phillies fan whose first games were in the mid 60s.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

Re: Set List: Furthur at Red Rocks, September 22, 2012

#194811 2 years, 1 month ago
Another fine night. I hope all enjoyed that Morning Dew > Playing in the Band reprise. It was wonderful, marvelous, and lots of fun...If you missed it, well, I guess it doesn't matter anyway...
Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Sustainabill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
karenrose
Platinum Boarder
What a long, strange trip it's been..

#194812 2 years, 1 month ago
Awesome! G'nite! catch u boys tomorrow...zzzzzz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#194813 2 years, 1 month ago
Now that encore had the X Factor in spades. Definitely got some chills.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#194814 2 years, 1 month ago
Zipster wrote:
OMSN or do we get spared ?
Always impressive when they can manage to not be tempted by the trite.

I'm a huge, big, devoted fan of Dark Star. It's the song that was the finishing blow to fall in space with this music. Very rarely has PL&F or Furthur ever done anything worthwhile with it.* Granted, I'll take a messy, flopping fish, energy-dead Dark Star over a Beatles, Dylan, Floyd, Stones, etc cover eight days a week. But they should stop playing Dark Star. This band wasn't built for it. Not knocking Furthur or Phil's bands. It's obviously a difficult song to channel.

*2011-07-17 is one of the very few exceptions. Chimenti was Bitches Brewing in fine form.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#194815 2 years, 1 month ago
Equinox wrote:
Zipster wrote:
Equinox wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
He said "crux of the biscuit"... nice work...

It's the apostrophe, as a great man once said.

Hey man I know a brother who makes Stealie shirts with your fave sports team logo, superimposed just like your icon, maybe I could hook you up if your interested.

Thanks but I already have one. Bought it two years ago at the Mann. It's not quite the same as my avatar but the old P from the 70s. More appropriate for me, actually, as I'm a very old school Phillies fan whose first games were in the mid 60s.

Cool man, have a good night and I'll probably chat with you tomorrow, I thought it was a great show tonight with a great song selection.
Cooper
Senior Boarder

#194816 2 years, 1 month ago
Morning Dew has never been played as an encore in the bands 22 playing this song.....
the 257 times the Grateful Dead played Dew - the last encore showing was when? 1974?
Time to create page: 0.93 seconds