• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Set List: Furthur at Red Rocks, September 22,

#194785 1 year, 6 months ago
They sound tired to me. A half beat slow... .. like they need a visit from pablo escobar. Instead of free flowing it sounds like they are struggling to get through this Fire....... maybe they all stayed up lway late last night... LOL..shit happens
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#194786 1 year, 6 months ago
Still Takin it Weirder wrote:
Zipster wrote:
I'll be quiet now... this set is fallin apart wtf Phil????????? hopefully the UBC chain jam can salvage this..... that was really rough

I must have missed all the quality shows you have seen man, I'm jealous.

I'm just a fair reviewer with 300 plus shows under my belt since spring 81. & yes I walked out of a few GD show sayin um that sucked..I mean it was always FUN but I was always there for the music first & foremost. Last night was tight energy kickin ass and takin no prisoners. A plus... tonight is a lil sleepy...... and even great tunes like St Stephen seem "off" to my ears... the first set tonight was hot... this second set is just not coagulated to my ears. YMMV

I've been going to shows since 1977 and have seen enough to know there are huge gaps sometimes and base my opinion on a number of factors including human frailty, ie. sick, tired, hungry, or fucked up on drugs which is no ofcourse no excuse to a paying public. I do remember an Aerosmith show in 1976 where Steven Tyler was so drunk he could not even stand up let alone sing or remember the words. That being said this show comes nowhere near the worst I have seen or heard but based on last night I must concede it is a tad slower but spacier in every respect. So equating the two shows is a disservice to the math in my opinion, and there lies the crux of the biscuit the opine of others is just that.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

Re: Set List: Furthur at Red Rocks, September 22, 2012

#194787 1 year, 6 months ago
Terrapin encore?
Thank You Jerry
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#194789 1 year, 6 months ago
Hiya Hiya all. Got on just before Dark Star v2. GREAT stream, thank you.

That was a nice Fire, lots of fires out here in the west...........we have a huge on in WA that has smoke across the state.

Thank you Phil!
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#194790 1 year, 6 months ago
They sound tired to me. A half beat slow... .. like they need a visit from pablo escobar. Instead of free flowing it sounds like they are struggling to get through this Fire....... maybe they all stayed up lway late last night... LOL..shit happens

I would tend to agree. I'm not sure what it is, but something isn't quite right..
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

Re: Set List: Furthur at Red Rocks, September 22, 2012

#194791 1 year, 6 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
Terrapin encore?

One more sat nite
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#194792 1 year, 6 months ago

It's like that with a lot of bands. I've seen dozens of Rolling Stones shows and on one night nothing seems to hang together while on the next, it's single raging beast with 10 arms.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#194794 1 year, 6 months ago
He said "crux of the biscuit"... nice work...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zipster
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#194795 1 year, 6 months ago
Great encore!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Tucson John
Senior Boarder