• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Roll Call - Furthur Colorado Winter 2013!!!!!

#238536 1 year, 8 months ago
osufan77 wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
dead_in_ky wrote:
hey julie, er, stranger. looking to tour around boulder saturday as well. I will have a car.

Hell yea. I think some folks want to go to "Snooze" for breakfast . I'm thinking Saturday since it suppose to be around 50. Cast your votes.

Some Denver/Boulder recommendations:

For Breakfast: Snooze for sure. They have great Bloody Mary's and easily have the best hash browns in the state. Also, another great spot is Lucille's. They have a location in Longmont, Boulder and Denver I believe. I've been to the Lucille's in Boulder and Denver, and both are just to die for. More expensive than Snooze, but still amazing. Their breakfast 'drink' selection is killer. You'll be buzzed before noon!!

Lunch/Dinner: I recommend the brewpubs mostly. The pizza and Italian in Colorado leaves a lot to be desired, especially if you're from back east like me. The Mexican restaurants are EXTREMELY hit or miss as far as quality goes. I guess this is why I default to brewpubs. Anyways, check out Copper Kettle Brewing Co. in Denver, Great Divide Brewing Co, Bull and Bush(They brew their own beers and serve the best burger in Denver), Falling Rock Tap House, and as someone mentioned above near the Ogden, The Cheeky Monk, where they specialize in Belgian beers. If you're in the mood for some steak, I have to go with either Elway's (super expensive) or The Denver Chophouse near the baseball stadium.

If any of you ARE diehard for pizza, then check out Lucky Pie in LODO for the best pizza around. Hops & Pie also have decent pizza along with a fantastic tap selection.

You have done your homework young man. Lucilles is definitely good, but as you said a littler pricier than Snooze. Make sure you talk Buckeye sports around Sue. She is a total "Brutus" fan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, osufan77
china2rider
Fresh Boarder

#238538 1 year, 8 months ago
Als, I'd like to recommend Denver's premier Deadhead bar on Colfax just a few blocks from the Ogden called Quixotes True Blue.
Dark star crashes
pouring its light
into ashes
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#238542 1 year, 8 months ago
Driving trough Kansas was terrible this morning.

Checked in at the Drury, got cleaned up and now I'm looking for something to do in Denver !
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
mstrpce420
Fresh Boarder

#238547 1 year, 8 months ago
china2rider wrote:
Als, I'd like to recommend Denver's premier Deadhead bar on Colfax just a few blocks from the Ogden called Quixotes True Blue.

Quixotes is not on Colfax. Its on 14th & Logan. Sanchos is at Colfax and Clarkson, a few blocks from the Ogden.
mstrpce420
Fresh Boarder

#238549 1 year, 8 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Driving trough Kansas was terrible this morning.

Checked in at the Drury, got cleaned up and now I'm looking for something to do in Denver !

Supposed to snow 6-8 inches in Denver tonight, with higher totals towards the airport and eastern plains.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#238556 1 year, 8 months ago
I'm so glad it's almost show time!
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

#238557 1 year, 8 months ago
glad to hear you made it safely noble.
Right now, I can't read too well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: NobleGlassArt
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#238560 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks, the final four hour leg took a little over six

Looking forward to meeting people ! Will be at the bar at the Drury in Westminster tonight !
Coloartist
Junior Boarder

#238562 1 year, 8 months ago
That is crazy. Do you not have snow tires? I drive in snow constantly up here in the hills.
The following user(s) said Thank You: osufan77
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#238565 1 year, 8 months ago
mstrpce420 wrote:
Supposed to snow 6-8 inches in Denver tonight, with higher totals towards the airport and eastern plains.

UGH for the upcoming drive from the airport late tonight.
WOO-HOO for the upcoming shows!!!
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds