• Topics not covered in other forums.
scrltbg
Junior Boarder

Re: 2013 Tour Rumors

#225244 1 year, 9 months ago
DancinBear wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
WeCanRun wrote:
*tweet tweet* Sandy benefit will be at the sweetwater in Jan. but you didn't hear that from me *tweet tweet*

I do believe you're right about Sweetwater, though hard to tell if it's a benefit yet. But it definitely appears the shows in 2013 will be starting even earlier than we thought, given this poster. May the retirement rumors now be shelved for another year or more, please!!

Retirement definately in the bag, hence the Phoenix themed posters for this here NYE.

------------

I thought phoenix theme was related to surviving the end of Mayan calendar

Actually I saw it as the rise of a new Furthur model based in the Bay...TXR and Sweetwater and TRI are ways for them to accomplish the goal of still playing but getting off the road so much...still supplemented with East Coast tours of course, b/c that's where the $$ is. But with longer runs in fewer cities.

Just my 2cents...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancinBear
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

#225246 1 year, 9 months ago
3 nites at the Utica Aud......cmon man hook a sista up.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#225254 1 year, 9 months ago
i am fairly certain the capitol theater is happening. it has open availability 3/17-4/1. maybe phils birthday show at terrapin beforehand

3 nights at the joint would be so awesome. i have gone the past 3 years, and each time just seem baffled why they don't do a multi-night run there. it's PERFECT.

dancinbear--still pullin' for utica? 3 nights? keep dreaming
i really liked the show there in 2010, the arena was cool, pretty packed! they always show upstate NY a good time no matter where they play.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#225260 1 year, 9 months ago
^^^ Oh yeah!! The Joint is the ultimate setting for a 3 day run. Man that would be the best time ever... there is no reason why they couldn't do that.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#225261 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^ Oh yeah!! The Joint is the ultimate setting for a 3 day run. Man that would be the best time ever... there is no reason why they couldn't do that.

Absolutely!! That would be so much easier and cheaper for a lot of people, including me, than either New York or Boston! Vegas is such an easy city to deal with getting in, out and around!
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

#225292 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i am fairly certain the capitol theater is happening. it has open availability 3/17-4/1. maybe phils birthday show at terrapin beforehand

3 nights at the joint would be so awesome. i have gone the past 3 years, and each time just seem baffled why they don't do a multi-night run there. it's PERFECT.

dancinbear--still pullin' for utica? 3 nights? keep dreaming
i really liked the show there in 2010, the arena was cool, pretty packed! they always show upstate NY a good time no matter where they play.

...without love in the dream.....

the arena is cool considering the utica PD is right across the street and there is just a few cops and they are usually running the crosswalk. I always thought this city had lots of potential, just lots of boneheads running it.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by DancinBear.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#225319 1 year, 9 months ago
Staggerl wrote:
stricken wrote:
There was a day when tours would start in the warm south and make there way towards the cold rain and snow.

Just hoping here, Miami,Wannee 2dates,Atlanta,Nashville,ST Louis,Indy,Cleveland,Albany,Boston 2dates,NYC /sandy benefit week long.

I'm hoping the same with St. Augie in there as well. Also a 3 night run at The Joint in Vegas at some point would be nice too.

Hoping the same with the Southern Cities. It was 84 degrees today in Miami. It would make much more sense to do Winter Runs or Early Spring Runs here than coming to Florida in Summer. But, maybe a lot of fans like cold weather. I could be in the minority.
Chester
More or less in line

#225343 1 year, 9 months ago
I'm hanging my hopes on the Port Chester shows.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#225356 1 year, 9 months ago
jodiah wrote:
Staggerl wrote:
stricken wrote:
There was a day when tours would start in the warm south and make there way towards the cold rain and snow.

Just hoping here, Miami,Wannee 2dates,Atlanta,Nashville,ST Louis,Indy,Cleveland,Albany,Boston 2dates,NYC /sandy benefit week long.

I'm hoping the same with St. Augie in there as well. Also a 3 night run at The Joint in Vegas at some point would be nice too.

Hoping the same with the Southern Cities. It was 84 degrees today in Miami. It would make much more sense to do Winter Runs or Early Spring Runs here than coming to Florida in Summer. But, maybe a lot of fans like cold weather. I could be in the minority.

(((cool weather tours)))
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#225375 1 year, 9 months ago
How about a 3 night run at the beautiful Starlight Theatre in KC?

East meets West in the middle of the country.

Pool party at my house!
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, wlewis, nycdave, FurthurFlower67, DrippingColors, 66slim
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds